“Personal information” is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual, either from that information alone or from that information combined with other information Kateeva has access to about that individual, except as otherwise specifically provided by applicable laws in your region.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information from you directly when you (a) complete our contact form; (b) send us a sales or support request or inquiry; (c) create an account; (d) submit a job application; or (e) otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect depend on the purpose of your submission, but may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, employment history, educational history, and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, if you are providing personal information for third parties in connection with using our Services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have all required permissions and consents to provide such personal information to us for use in connection with the Services and that our use of such personal information to provide the Services does not violate any applicable law, rule, regulation, or order.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- provide, maintain, and improve our Site and Services;
- fulfill orders, complete transactions, and provide and deliver the information and Services you request;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- process your job application and administer your employment with us;
- communicate with you about employment opportunities, products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Kateeva and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- personalize and improve the Site and provide content and features that match user profiles or interests;
- process and deliver contests, sweepstakes, and other promotional entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- comply with legal obligations, respond to law enforcement and governmental requests, and exercise or defend legal claims; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How We Share, Publicly Disclose and Transfer Your Information
We may share, publicly disclose, and transfer your information, including personal information, as follows:
Consent. Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by our partners or third parties.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries solely for the purpose of providing Services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be maintained by such affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including Media Temple which provides web hosting and cloud services and Google, which provides ReCaptcha and data analytics services.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company or entity, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or corporate reorganization, or are in negotiations for any of these types of transactions, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company or entity.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users and their use of the Services with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Please note that except as noted above, we will not sell or share your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
When you come to our Site for the first time, you will be asked whether you to wish to accept cookies. At that time, you can review the cookies that are used by clicking on the cookie settings and adjusting your preferences. You may, however, disable certain tracking and cookies through features in your web browser, but such disabling may impair use of the Site and Services. However, at present, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Retention of Information
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions and practical measures to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information
Depending on applicable laws and regulations, you may request access, a copy, correction or deletion of personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests to the extent required by law, provided that we may be required to retain personal information to comply with legal obligations, accounting requirements, or for other business purposes. We may request additional information to verify the identity of the requesting party before responding to a request. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information for Marketing?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you (with your consent if required by applicable law). You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us. In addition, you can turn off certain kinds of tracking technologies through the preferences in the cookies setting.
Please note that we might not be able to immediately delete the corresponding information from our backup system due to applicable law and/or technological limitations. If this is the case, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be deleted or be made anonymous.
Location of Information
Our Site and Services are offered from the United States. We store any information we collect in the United States. If you access the Services or Site from outside the United States, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have less protections for your personal information than your jurisdiction of residence. We provide products or services based on our resources and servers worldwide; your personal information might be transmitted to or accessed from a jurisdiction outside of the country/region where your products or services are located (with your consent if required by applicable law).
Children Under 16
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 16. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or if you have an account with us, providing notice to the email address in your account (for this reason you should make sure to update your account information promptly if it changes).
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Please note that for California residents, the term personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household as defined in the CCPA. All other capitalized terms have the same meanings as given them in the Policy.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a California resident who has provided personal information to Kateeva, or a California resident that reasonably believes that Kateeva collected or stores their personal information, you have the right to request Kateeva to:
- Disclose the categories of personal information we collected about you in the preceding 12 months, categories of sources from which the personal information was collected; the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information; the categories of third parties with which the business we have shared your personal information, categories of personal information that we sold in the preceding 12 months, and for each category identified, categories of third parties to which we sold that particular category of personal information, and the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that particular category of personal information (“Request to Know”);
- Disclose the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you (“Request to Know”);
- Delete personal information we have collected about you (“Request to Delete”); and
- Opt-out of the sale of the personal information we have collected about you (“Right to Opt-out”). However, we do not sell your personal information.
You can only make two Requests to Know in a 12-month period, and the information provided need only cover the 12-month period prior to receipt of your request.
Methods For Submitting Requests
You may submit Requests to Know and Requests to Delete in one of the following methods by sending an email to email@example.com.
Verification of Requests
We will need to verify your identity to respond to Requests to Delete and Requests to Know. If you have an account with us that is password-protected, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account.
If you do not have an account with us, and your request concerns “categories” of personal information collected, we can request from you two data points of personal information to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, and your request concerns specific pieces of personal information, we can request from you at least three data points of personal information as well as a signed declaration with penalty of perjury to verify your identity.
Time for Response
Please note that once you have submitted a Request to Know or Request to Delete, we will send you a receipt, acknowledging your request, within 10 business days. If, for some reason, you do not receive such a receipt within 10 days of your submitted request, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an error may have occurred.
We will respond to Requests to Know and Requests to Delete within 45 calendar days after they are received. If we cannot verify you within the 45-day time period, we may deny the request. If necessary, we may take up to an additional 45 calendar days to respond to the consumer’s request, for a maximum total of 90 calendar days from the day the request is received, provided that we will provides you with notice and an explanation of the reason that we will take more than 45 days to respond to the request.
In the case of a Request to Delete, we may use a two-step process for online requests to delete where you must first, submit the Request to Delete and then second, separately confirm that you want your personal information deleted.
Notice of Opt-Out
We do not sell your personal information as defined under California law. However, if you wish to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information by us, please send an email to email@example.com.
As a California resident, you have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. We may require proof that you have designated the authorized agent to act on your behalf and to verify your identity directly with us. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you wish to submit a request through an authorized agent.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of CCPA Rights
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. We hereby inform you that if you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, we may not deny you goods or services for that reason, or subject you to different prices than those paid by other consumers, except to the extent permitted under the CCPA.
If you have questions about our privacy policies or practices or this notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notice at Collection
Pursuant to California Civil Section 1798.100(b), this serves as notice of the categories of personal information that we collect through the Site and Services, the business or commercial purposes for which such personal information was collected, the categories of sources of such personal information, and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed in the past 12 months.
|Category||Collected||Business or Commercial Purpose||Categories of Sources||Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed|
Name, email address, and IP address
|See How We Use Your Information Above||From you or your employer||Service Providers, Affiliates|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||YES
Name, address, telephone number, employment history (job applicants), and bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information (for purchases).
|See How We Use Your Information Above||From you or your employer||Service Providers, Affiliates|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||YES
Age and gender in connection with job applications.
|For processing job applications||From you||Service providers|
|D. Commercial information.||NO|
|E. Biometric information.||NO|
|G. Geolocation data.||NO|
|H. Sensory data [Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.]||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||YES, in connection with job applications and to identify the company you represent||You||Service providers|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||NO|